Finger lime hi temperature shock or a disease

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    almannaialmannai
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Greetings .

I have a 4.5 feet tall finger lime and I had it since last December .and with the upcoming of summer I started to see some changes and I am afraid that I may loose it .a lot of leaves are dropping and some of them has brow color on the tips .and they look Wilted .the soil is not dry or wet .the temperature is around 40 to 45C on summer .I am living in Bahrain the Arabian gulf .

I need your guidance on what need to be done .do I put it indoor for the summer and then take it out in October .the house is Air conditioned with a temperature of 25c .

Pleas advise

hands_and_dirthands_and_dirt
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I think it’s due to how dry the air, not how hot the temperature is. Brown tips are a telltale sign of lack of air moisture. I’d rather put it indoors while there’s heat and dryness together outdoors. Finger lime can cope with one or the other but not with both. Maybe you can also find ways to increase air moisture like spraying the leaves often or setting up a misting fountain or something like that.

Nate from N&GNate from N&G
    Green Thumb (moderator)
    Private message

Hi, hands_and_dirt is probably right, but there is another small possibility that explains brown tips: water is too loaded up with minerals, this causes small necrosis at the tip and edges of the leaves. Best is to store and use rainwater for plants, but I have no idea how often it rains in Bahrein…

Nature & Garden moderator.
    Message me if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to help out!

“Winter reveals the strength inside… of those who dare go out!”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)