My plumbago isn’t blooming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    elena68elena68
    Greenhorn
    Private message

My plumbago gets a moderate amount of sun. It looks healthy. But it’s not blooming.  Any insights ?

bobkingerbobkinger
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Sometimes it really needs a heat wave with lots of sun to trigger the blooming, and at the same time it needs water or the buds will die off. Did you notice any buds on it at all, I mean that are different from leaf buds?

elena68elena68
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Thank you. That was helpful. There are some buds. I can water it more and cut down some surrounding bushes that are blocking sunlight. Right now it doesn’t get constant sunlight all day. Thanks for your input.

bobkingerbobkinger
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Sure! I had two sets of plumbago, one was against a light-colored wall, and the other under a shade tree – the one against the wall would really start blooming strong in sunny weather, the one under shade was always much slower with less flowers. I think the wall reflected heat and light off it, too. I saw somewhere that some people tried putting up aluminum foil or an old mirror behind a plant to increase the light and heat, maybe that can be worth trying.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)