Ideas for fragrant roses for the UK (near taunton)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    colliecollie
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi all I hope everyone is having a nice autumn, here the colors are beautiful and I know it’s the perfect time to plant things and so I was wondering whether any of you could recommend fragrant roses that I might plant, I like to give a few new varieties a go. What are your fave’s? I’d really like them to smell good!

happyjoyhappyjoy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Oh this is a good question. I have a sunsprite growing in my garden. It’s simply fabulous, and really smells delicious and sweet! You might want to give that one a try since it really transformed my garden! Now, I try to take my afternoon tea outside right next to my rose since it smells so good! Pairs so well with my scones I want to bite into the roses, too!

sonatangy.ayasonatangy.aya
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Namaste Collie, here in India we have the kashmiri rose which smells very nice. it is a light smell. very like fruity. I am not aware that it is being sold in England.

colliecollie
    Greenhorn
    Private message

@happyjoy thank you very much for your suggestion, I saw in my local nursery they had a few Sunsprites, I was hesitant to get one because it wasn’t blooming just now, but since you really like it I’ll give it a try. @sonatangy.aya I thank you as well but it seems it isn’t easy to find here.

sonatangy.ayasonatangy.aya
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I understand it isn’t easy to find. If ever you drop by Delhi I can give you a cutting!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)