Aaaaack! Giant bug in my office! What is it? Does it bite?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Ahh I just got so freaked out! A giant bug flew into my office it’s as big as a finger, I have absolutely no idea what it is. Here are the pics I took before it flew out the window again: big-bug-2big-bug-1

Loving the season!

PitpatPitpat
    Greenhorn
    Private message

That’s definitely something from the tropics. Looks like a kind of click beetle. Did it make any sounds?

osaifiax3osaifiax3
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Usually these bugs don’t bite because these are slow they came from some trees or gardens. Is there any garden near to your office? If yes then you need to take a pest control service to avoid such bugs.

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

@Pitpat yes it did make weird clicking noises, quite loud, too! I’ll look into the click beetles @osaifiax3 it’s a good thing they don’t bite then, that would be freaky. I’m only half surprised because all around the office it’s nearly a jungle with lots of weird noises, I guess this time it found its way inside. Pest control is a good idea, but I’m in the Philippines and they only have those in cities, I’m more in the outer reaches. Thanks for your tips, guys!

Loving the season!

osaifiax3osaifiax3
    Greenhorn
    Private message

@fatzo google “pest control near me” hope you will find a company at your area who are providing services near you

kcgardenskcgardens
    Greenhorn
    Private message

YIKES! You were not kidding when you said giant. aghhh

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Yes, it was definitely a huge one! I learned since that they aren’t dangerous. When they’re scared they make a loud clicking noise.

Loving the season!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)