Potted Citrus leaf issues – copper color

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lemoneerlemoneer
    Greenhorn
    Private message

For the last few days, the leaves on my potted citrus trees are looking like scorched.

I have these trees for over 10 years and never have any issues with them. All of them have the same issue. Pictures are attached for identifying the problem.

Any help will be appreciated. Need to save them ASAP. Thanks.

Here are some photos:

20220615_182519

20220615_182540

20220615_182556

sherrycherriessherrycherries
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Might have an psyllid outbreak. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/getting-rid-of-psyllids.htm. but need more time to see how your plants are decaying

lemoneerlemoneer
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Thanks for help. There is nothing showing on the back of the leaves – no insects at all.

supermudosupermudo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Symptoms remind me of some type of fireblight. I’m not sure though if citrus are commonly affected or not.

Another disease that has almost exactly the same symptoms is the Xylella fungus, look at the leaves on this olive tree here.

Have you tried looking at the leaves with a magnifying glass? There are some insects that are so tiny you wouldn’t see them at all – not with the nake eye. Here are a few pics of thrips damage that has also flat, “sucked out” cells in portions of leaves; but I don’t see the telltale signs of bugs like poo, molts, etc.

lemoneerlemoneer
    Greenhorn
    Private message

attached are some of the magnified back of the leaves photos20220620_09043120220620_085929

supermudosupermudo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

It might very well be a tiny insect – those black dots randomly appearing are typical of mites or thrips!! I’ve been able to get rid of them with the simple dishwashing soap+water mix. Add a spoonful of dishwashing liquid to a bottle of water, and spray. Try it on one of the shrubs. I’d rinse it the next day with clean water and apply it again, and rinse again. I don’t like the idea of a film of soap on the leaves staying for too long, which is why I rinse it off afterwards.

lemoneerlemoneer
    Greenhorn
    Private message

will try

thanks

supermudosupermudo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Might be a bit early already, but were you able to treat it ? Have the spots stopped appearing ?

lemoneerlemoneer
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Thanks for asking supermudo.

I did use only once a combo of insecticide and fungicide, but I guess the problem stopped by itself.

I did freakout since I never have any issues with my citruses, and I guess that the scorching heat we had for 3 days did the actual damage.

They all started to bloom again.

Thank you again.

supermudosupermudo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Great, that’s good to hear.So sunburn, then, which also makes sense. Glad for you that they’re Blooming again !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)