Could anyone identify this plant please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    debbie02debbie02
    Greenhorn
    Private message

4D8A49D6-EBFF-442D-953C-4F9109DE80CE

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Wow this one won’t be easy. It’s a very blurry photo! It even seems like it’s a picture taken of a screen. Were you watching a TV show? Where was it shot or made? That would help a lot.

If you have other pictures, try to add them to this discussion, the more the better.

Loving the season!

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Then again, you can learn a lot just by looking at the leaves. A long stem branching out with three leaflets on each sub-leaf, and that strange seed/flower pod at the top. I think this might be Polynesian arrowroot.

To check and make sure, it would help to dig out the root: if I’m right, it should be a roundish tuber (it’s part of the yam family). Not sure if edible though.

Loving the season!

lennymarkyLennyMarky
    Greenhorn
    Private message

True. But you should give the botanical name, @Fatzo, Tacca leontopetaloides. I think this one gets a lot of different names.

debbie02debbie02
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it’s a photo from my friends phone. She was asking if I knew what it was. I said we need a few pics, especially of the leaves and the full plant.She said the lighter coloured parts are pods more like broad bean type.  All I know about the garden she helps in, is that it was full of Persian plants!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)