Angels trumpets for landscaping, is it toxic?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lou-5eb0418f6d97fLou
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I have always wanted an angels trumpets plant in my landscaping. I bought one have learned that they can be toxic. I don’t know if I should plant it now. Are there any plants that resemble this but are safe?

bobkingerbobkinger
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Well if you bought it already why not plant it anyways? Do you have pets or children that you’re worried for?

bobkingerbobkinger
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I looked around and there are quite a few nice ones. There’s the chalice vine (i think solandra or solendra is the name) and also the ipomea but ipomea dies back in winter if it freezes.

bobkingerbobkinger
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Aw, shucks solandra is toxic too 🙁

But ipomea ain’t, so that’s an option

Well I’ll keep looking, I hope I’ll find more choices to choose from 😀

wendiesimmondswendiesimmonds
    Greenhorn
    Private message

If you bought a toxic plant, just don’t plant it in sunny areas. When the plants get hot, their fumes can wrap around the yard. When we have lilacs blooming in our yard, everything smells like lilac.

wendiesimmondswendiesimmonds
    Greenhorn
    Private message

But if you buy angel trumpets, you’d better keep your children away from them. It’s best to replace these plants with bushes with berries like currants or raspberries. You can also plant basil. This plant has a pleasant fragrance and repels pests. If you have a lot of angel’s trumpets planted, tear that down with a tractor, so you don’t have to touch them. When we had a bellybutton bush overgrowth in our yard, I bought a used tractor and took down all the plants. I still use the tractor. It’s good for the farm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)