Beans with healthy huge leaves but no fruits

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cam.juscam.jus
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Our beans really look healthy with leaves that are huge and super green. What surprises me though is to see only a few flowers just starting. It’s like they focus on making beautiful leaves. How to help the plants divert its energy to producing fruits? Less water, pruning? I’m open to hearing your ideas!

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

‘morning, sunshine! I think you might have put too much nitrogen in your fertilizer. In the long run it’s ok though. Other plants sometimes bloom more when they’re stressed (like no watering) but not beans. Beans need water and mulch.

They don’t like the cold, but it’s August so I’m supposing that’s not a problem anymore.

Since a few buds are starting, maybe all you need to do is wait. If you really want to do something, try to find a way to add potash, that helps blooming develop.

Loving the season!

c chickc chick
    Greenhorn
    Private message

When I was in sixth grade, part of the educational program was to garden. Our class had mung beans to cultivate. One thing I’ve learned from that experience is to not water beans a lot. They tend to grow more leaves than fruits. I don’t anymore remember what our teacher told us about this but mung farmers told me so and have this mind everytime I plant this type of beans.

Is this true to all types of beans?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)