Begonia flowers only at the bottom of the pot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    roseedooroseedoo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Few weeks ago, I was very surprised to see bunch of flowers at the base of the plant on the new sprouts. Please see photo attached above.

Why is this so? How to make it bear flowers more evenly? My begonia is at least 1 year old, well at least when I had received it as a gift from a friend. Should I cut the old stems so new ones can grow without competition? If I should, will they survive if I replant those?  I know I’ve got so many questions but it’s what a forum is for, isn’t it?

I wish you all a lovely evening!

mistdewrainmistdewrain
    Greenhorn
    Private message

From your picture I can see that flowers are at the base part because its where new branches or sprouts are. Begonias need to be pruned as well to rejuvenate them and get more flowers with an even shape. Definitely you can plant back the cut stems.

roseedooroseedoo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello, thank you very much for your help! I’ve followed your advice and here’s my begonia now. See attached photo. It’s starting to have a nicer shape.

I’m also happy that I’m going to have more of this plant soon with the cut stems I’ve just planted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)