Can I move a brooding hen? Henhouse fell down during typhoon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Yet another update on our situation here: the henhouse crashed to the ground. Somehow our brooding hen is unfazed by all the wreckage. Maybe she doesn’t see anything. But I’ve got to take the henhouse apart. Can I move it around without it abandoning its eggs?

brooding-hen-2brooding-hen-1

Loving the season!

trishTrish
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi Fatzo I’ll just share my own two cents: yes you can but there is one single condition: the hen has to already be covering the eggs for a few days. If it’s still laying new ones and going in and out, then she won’t remember where the new place is. I think it also makes her feel that the place isn’t secure so she’ll just abandon them. If she’s already on them full-time though you can go ahead, gently. I like to cover the box or basket with a cloth so she’s in the dark, it helps keep her calm while i’m moving her.

chhammas888Anonymous
    Greenhorn
    Private message

mobile prices in pakistan 2018, daily updated mobile prices, what mobile pakistan, prices lg mobile, nokia mobile prices pakistan htc mobile rates, huawei mobile prices, samsung mobile prices, sony ericsson mobile.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/whatmobile.com.pk/competitors/

mujahid89Anonymous
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Yes, you can carefully move the brooding hen to a safe location, ensuring minimal disturbance to her nest and eggs. Prioritize her safety and comfort during the transition.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)