CAN THIS POTTED CYPRESS BE SAVED?!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    weimaranerwenchweimaranerwench
    Greenhorn
    Private message

IMG_0483IMG_0484IMG_0485

CAN THIS CYPRESS BE SAVED? Thanks for any help you can give me in caring for this potted cypress. It’s about 8′ high in the pot and the back is very brown and some interior brown patches as well.

fast driverFast Driver
    Expert gardener
    Private message

Hi there. Let’s eliminate the basic causes of this phenomenon: 1) lack of proper drainage – is the pot able to let go of too much water, and 2) exposure – is it able to get at least 8 hours of sun a day?

lionnalionna
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Well this article on cypress canker has a pretty bleak outlook… if that’s what it is.

I think it’s not though, but I’m basing my analysis from the pictures. I’m taking the bet that the tree was shuffled up against the wall for its entire life, blocking light out from the back side?

I think it can be saved if you turn it regularly, like twice a week or once a week at least. The brown leaves on the second pic look to me like normal dying off of older leaves.

Fast Driver has a key question: is the pot rootbound? Maybe it just needs repotting, larger pot, cutting off of longest roots and fresh soil mix.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)