October 12, 2020 at 4:28 pm ReplydarcePrivate messageGreenhorn
Cypress shouldnt be less than 15ft tall. Is pruning it by myself with a use of a ladder doable?? Very risky, fragile wood? Anyone here got the experience? Please let me knowOctober 21, 2020 at 3:54 pm ReplyFast DriverPrivate messageExpert gardener
Height not more than 25 feet can be done even when not a professional. And yes, a ladder is going to be very useful! What to be careful with: avoid cutting back cypress more than 1/3 of its growth as well as avoid flattening the top. Both can be fatal to the tree. And sterilize tools before starting!
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it