Dwarf Barberry Anna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    troytroy
    Greenhorn
    Send message

I live near Portland, Oregon and am trying to purchase some Anna for an accent hedge. Does anyone know where I can buy some locally or on line?  Thanks very much!

Troy

CarolCarol
    Expert gardener
    Send message

Hi Troy, I tried asking around my network of gardeners but seems it’s a rare plant. I’ll continue looking into it and will surely get back to you when I find something.

“You got to be a gardener to appreciate dirty and muddy hands.”

Nate from N&GNate from N&G
    Greenhorn
    Send message

Hello Troy! It took me a while to track a source down. Actually, the original breeder for this variety is from Poland! The local plant breeder’s association has the plant on its listings.

From there, I wrote an email to his nursery email (the website seems broken, but the email works).

biuro@szkolka-szewczyk.pl is his email (Janusz Szewczyk is the person’s name).

I used google translate to contact him in both English and Polish in the same email. He’s able to send specimens of Berberis ‘Anna’ per post, though I don’t know what the price would be.

Keep us up-to-date if you follow through!

CarolCarol
    Expert gardener
    Send message

I’m so happy to know you’ve found a supplier, Nate! I’ve been really trying so hard to find info on this.  🙂

Troy, keep us in the loop indeed! Hoping to see pictures…

“You got to be a gardener to appreciate dirty and muddy hands.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)