Dwarf Barberry Anna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    troytroy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I live near Portland, Oregon and am trying to purchase some Anna for an accent hedge. Does anyone know where I can buy some locally or on line?  Thanks very much!

Troy

CarolCarol
    Green Thumb (moderator)
    Private message

Hi Troy, I tried asking around my network of gardeners but seems it’s a rare plant. I’ll continue looking into it and will surely get back to you when I find something.

“You got to be a gardener to appreciate dirty and muddy hands.”

Nate from N&GNate from N&G
    Green Thumb (moderator)
    Private message

Hello Troy! It took me a while to track a source down. Actually, the original breeder for this variety is from Poland! The local plant breeder’s association has the plant on its listings.

From there, I wrote an email to his nursery email (the website seems broken, but the email works).

biuro@szkolka-szewczyk.pl is his email (Janusz Szewczyk is the person’s name).

I used google translate to contact him in both English and Polish in the same email. He’s able to send specimens of Berberis ‘Anna’ per post, though I don’t know what the price would be.

Keep us up-to-date if you follow through!

Nature & Garden moderator.
    Message me if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to help out!

“Winter reveals the strength inside… of those who dare go out!”

CarolCarol
    Green Thumb (moderator)
    Private message

I’m so happy to know you’ve found a supplier, Nate! I’ve been really trying so hard to find info on this.  🙂

Troy, keep us in the loop indeed! Hoping to see pictures…

“You got to be a gardener to appreciate dirty and muddy hands.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)