October 22, 2021 at 3:36 pm Replyruthanne4435Private messageGreenhorn
I did not have any fruit on my two year old plants this year. Lots of blossoms but then nothing. I’m new to growing these and need some advice on fertilizer, pruning(I didn’t).October 22, 2021 at 4:30 pm ReplyjeffrycopePrivate messageGreen Thumb
Hi! It’s possible that the tree is still a bit young to set fruit. I had one in the garden that has already been planted when I got there and it had tons of berries, I remember the bees hovering around it everywhere it was like having drones flying around they were so loud!
One year we had a massive aphid invasion, the entire tree was covered entirely with the buggers. We didn’t get many berries that year, only like 1 tenth the normal amount. Were there any aphids on your tree?
For pruning we would cut the branches that didn’t grow outwards (those that tried going back towards the inside of the tree) but mostly we just cut the dead ones off because the tree kinda just lived fine on its own. We didn’t fertilize it at all, but it was in the ground – is yours in a pot?
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it