Ficus bonsai with yellow leaves and dead stems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    edith -5ee24f0b71765Edith
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Yellowish leaves on my ficus… Could you pls tell me what’s wrong and how to cure this?

bennabenna
    Greenhorn
    Private message

The problem is probably due to too much water. This is the usual problem if you water it directly in the pot cover because extra water just sits at the bottom. I’d suggest that you water it in the sink and leave it for 10 to 15 mins before putting it back. This will allow extra water the soil can’t hold to drip.

greensoulgreensoul
    Expert gardener
    Private message

I can only agree that this is due to overwatering. The soil looks very wet. Water only when the soil is dry (check by sticking a finger in the soil) with moderate amount and putting clay balls at the bottom of the pot cover is a solution to avoid roots getting soaked if ever there’s extra water sitting in. Also note that if ever you don’t water ficus enough, leaves will turn yellow and then fall.

Don’t worry, if you follow the watering tips here, you’ll see that the plant will get better. 🙂

In gardening, there’s always something you can’t control.  This makes the experience so humbling. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)