Flowers for a shady garden corner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gardeningisanartgardeningisanart
    Greenhorn
    Private message

A part of my garden gets sunlight from 10AM to 2PM and is under total shade rest of the time due to the neighbors trees near our wall. I’ve always wanted to plant flowers there because it’s kind of bare but always not sure what. It seems most flowers love direct sunlight and some have instructions saying should be in a partly shaded area but my specific corner is under total shade. Hyacinths in early spring and few roses after are what I have and that’s it, not really maximized and I don’t like that. What can you recommend? Thank you very much.

-ecoartist--ecoartist-
    Greenhorn
    Private message

thinking of begonia…some varieties have striking foliage and flowers. you’ve plenty to choose from.

alec55_58alec55_58
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I’d suggest hydrangea, bleeding heart and fuchsia. They all thrive well in shady areas and as well as bear flowers with bright colors. Even under the shade, they’ll still catch your attention.

dutonierdutonier
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I’ve heard that Australian flowers can live without a lot of suns.

markvanmarkvan
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hellebores, Heuchera and Oakleaf Hydrangea are best for shady garden.

markvanmarkvan
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Many individuals believe that they have no choice but to have a foliage plants if they have a shady yard. This isn’t correct. Flowers that grow in the shade exist. A few shade-tolerant flowers strategically placed in the correct spots can add a splash of color to a dreary spot. Shade-loving perennials include a wide range of flowers. Annual flowers to grow in shade will fill even the shadiest corner with plenty of colors.

joanadavidsonjoanadavidson
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hydrangea and gardenia love the shade.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)