Frangipani seedlings have floppy leaves

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    melinyorkshiremelinyorkshire
    Greenhorn
    Private message

jeffrycopejeffrycope
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Hi those really look strange for frangipani, are you sure that’s what they are? They look much more like zinnia leaves to me. Here are some I found on Flickr (not my picture, I sure wish it was!!):

zinnia leaves

Frangipani has much thicker leaves that only have one main vein and then smaller veins spread out from it towards the leaf edges:

plumeria

melinyorkshiremelinyorkshire
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi Jeffry, Just had to write back to tell you that you are absolutely correct. The seeds I ordered on Amazon were for frangipani and they have sent me zinnia by mistake. GRRRR. I have written to them and I suspect they will replace the seeds, but I’m disappointed as they have been awaited for a long time, treated like lords only to turn out looking like brightly coloured large daisies! thanks again.

jeffrycopejeffrycope
    Green Thumb
    Private message

I was really wrapping my head around the claim that they were frangipani. I know frangipani readily propagates from cuttings, I’ve had a few already all I have to do is snip a 1-foot stem off any branch and stick it in the ground. Once it even worked from a broken stem that had simply fallen to the ground and laid there for a couple months, I found it and it had roots and leaves and the tip was starting to curl upwards!

I hope you get your new frangipani seeds soon! And don’t worry, those zinnia are still going to make you very happy when they bloom  😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)