Garden achievement of the week

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jjossiejjossie
    Greenhorn
    Private message

TGIF! What’s your achievement of the week in the garden?

I’ve started pruning our lilac tree. It wasn’t easy because the trunks were really hard to saw. I’m cutting it low so that the neighbor’s garden will have more sun in the afternoon. Yes, I’m forging relationship between neighbors because it’s worth it especially if they’re nice! 😀

rayneRayne
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Truly, the big stems look hard! Hats off to you! That must have been a good exercise at the same time.

Nothing much here as the hedge was pruned last week. I’ve just transplanted tomato seedlings to bigger pots. Ready for the garden bed soon.

jjossiejjossie
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Thank you Rayne, that’s nice of you! Finished it yesterday. I had some muscle sore the first 2 days but after that, it was ok. Satisfied with the result; it was a job well done I would say. 😉

Hope you have sweet juicy tomatoes this year!

gardeningladygardeninglady
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi jjosie how old is that lilac? You’re a courageous lady to do it on your own!

jjossiejjossie
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I can’t say. It was already there when we moved in 10 years ago. Thanks!  🙂

Anonymous
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hey everyone! I’ve finally installed irrigation system. Probably, it’s my achievement) It’s really time-consuming. Does anybody have it too? Please reply and tell me your experience.

I’d like to share with you some more tips about gardening:

1)      Feed. In the shop you can find the most suitable feed for your plant.

2)      Getting rid of weeds. Plants grow better without weeds. I use trimmer for it. It’s very important to choose a good trimmer line for that.

3)      Love your plants!

Hope you find something useful for you in my advices😊

jjossiejjossie
    Greenhorn
    Private message

OOh irrigation system is a huge job! My garden is too small for that. Two or three watering cans are enough. But under my lilac plants have trouble sending roots down, I think it might a good idea to just have a drip-tube there. Great adivce!

Anonymous
    Greenhorn
    Private message

If your garden is not too big, of course, drip-tube would be enough!

Share with us a picture of your lilac plants)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)