March 26, 2021 at 9:23 pm ReplybarraidhPrivate messageGreenhorn
Have quite a number of geraniums which were wintered in cold greenhouse, although heat used for a few da6s during period of severe frost. All appeared ok but have recently noticed that several plants have tips turning brown/black and some appeared to have rotted. Plants were all kept dry over the winter with no watering until four weeks ago. Ground still damp so none have dried out. Any particular reason for this damage to plants – I am very much an amateur and any help/suggestions would be very welcome.March 30, 2021 at 11:01 am Replyluis_prPrivate messageExpert gardener
I do not grow them but I would check if you have a potting mix that holds too much water. I would also extract some of the plants from their pots to see how much moisture is in the bottom half of the pot to see if there is a pot drainage issue (I assume the pots have water drainage holes and that they are not clogged).March 30, 2021 at 2:12 pm ReplybarraidhPrivate messageGreenhorn
Many thanks. I think you have made a valid point, base of some pots are quite wet. Thanks again
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it