Green hydrangea that grows short and stout

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    betsylilybetsylily
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Anybody know what variety this one is? I saw it on a  trip to Europe pre-pandemic and only recently remembered about it. It was in Belgium somewhere. I’d like to find out more about this one!

grteen-hydrangea

Ald65Ald65
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Does look very nice indeed! I’m also curious now. Anyone out there have any ideas?

pullingthroughPullingthrough
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I have one like this, it’s a “paniculata” and the variety is “limelight”. Hope this helps! It’s pretty easy to grow, I haven’t had any trouble with it

pullingthroughPullingthrough
    Greenhorn
    Private message

But then again, mine aren’t as large as those in the picture. I mean the flowers. The size of my bush is bigger but the blooms on mine are smaller. Maybe it’s another variety after all. But you’re getting closer!d

betsylilybetsylily
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Thanks all – I greatly thank you, Pullingthrough! I looked at pictures of limelight and I agree that this is a bit different. BUT then one picture caught my eye, it also had a few heads turning pinkish like the ones I saw. I pushed through (sorry for the pun hehe) and it seems it’s a paniculata “Little lime”, which seems to match everything exactly: cone shaped, green then pink, small shrub… So I wouldn’t have found it if not for your input, thank you so very much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)