December 28, 2020 at 10:13 pm ReplyBL.20.65Private messageGreenhorn
How far back can i hard-pruned roses? They were planted 3 years ago from my own cuttings. Ty.December 30, 2020 at 9:33 am Replyluis_prPrivate messageExpert gardener
Hello, BL.20.65. I am curious. What type of rose is it? How tall/wide are the cuttings now (can you post pictures?). Why do you want to prune them now? Are you trying to remove diseased, dead or dying wood? Are you trying to train it / give it some shape? Are you trying to get some more light or air inside the rose? Does it bloom only once a year? Where are you located (city/state/country) and what is your climate (winter or summer?) now usually like? There are many opinions on pruning so, if you ask 10 people, you will probably get 13 answers. But knowing some more will help get some answers.
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it