April 4, 2021 at 10:39 pm ReplymirandabPrivate messageGreenhorn
My rock rose grew leggy and I pruned each woody branch back to between 6″ and 18″. It is not budding yet, though my other one that did not grow so leggy is budding. It has had a mostly dry winter without frost or much rain. I have cleared the weeds around it and added some compost and a deep drink. Will this cistus come back?April 5, 2021 at 2:25 am ReplyjeffrycopePrivate messageGreen Thumb
Hi mirandab well I know cistus doesn’t really like drastic pruning so maybe you’ve snipped a bit too much off of it! Give it another couple weeks or a month, but if nothing happens maybe prepare cuttings from your other one and get them to root?
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it