March 14, 2021 at 8:56 pm ReplyjohnhernandisPrivate messageGreenhorn
how to plant and care for a redbud tree in central texas. Any special soil preparation?March 18, 2021 at 12:27 am Replyluis_prPrivate messageExpert gardener
Ideally, they tend to grow best as a small under-story tree that receives late afternoon shade. In the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, my clayish soil was fine for them. They do well with limestone soil. Here is a link for San Antonio soils (not sure where you are):
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it