how to stop cats from fighting each other

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    innaInna
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I have 3 cats, one female and 2 males. One of the males used to be a stray but he’s settled in quite well. The other male is young, 9 months old.

The two males are fighting like crazy. Is there anything I can do to get them to become friends?

Nate from N&GNate from N&G
    Green Thumb (moderator)
    Private message

Hello Inna, welcome to the forum!

welcome-to-our-forum

Perhaps you can share if they’re a particular breed ? Sometimes this can have a influence on behavior.

Nature & Garden moderator.
    Message me if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to help out!

“Winter reveals the strength inside… of those who dare go out!”

redcaperedcape
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi Inna I had that problem before and what really worked for me was giving the cats one food bowl each. I noticed they were fighting much more when around the food. So I put a second bowl about 3-4 feet away and that solved it!

But it might depend on the breed, as Nate says.

greensoulgreensoul
    Expert gardener
    Private message

What I’ve observed is that males are territorial. They tend to be more of this behaviour when there’s a female, and especially if it’s mating season. It’s their nature. Is the female’s hormones up?

In gardening, there’s always something you can’t control.  This makes the experience so humbling. 🙂

azanawanazanawan
    Greenhorn
    Private message

First, neuter or spay your cats, and make sure they have their own food, drink, and litter boxes to avoid them fighting. To prevent boredom, gradually introduce new kitties and offer enrichment. Treats and attention can be used to reward good behavior, but if fighting continues, speak with a veterinarian to rule out any health problems and get guidance on how to handle their relationships.

Regard

Mammals

ishi_444ishi_444
    Greenhorn
    Private message

First, neuter or spay your cats, and make sure they have their own food, drink, and litter boxes to avoid them fighting. To prevent boredom, gradually introduce new kitties and offer enrichment. Treats and attention can be used to reward good behavior, but if fighting continues, speak with a veterinarian to rule out any health problems and get guidance on how to handle their relationships. Otherwise, I read one article like this at https://bitslifeapk.com/human-encounter/

Maybe it will help you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)