Information overload on pathos and snake plants.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CapreeisafreespiritCapreeisafreespirit
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi. I am new to the plant world and need to know if pothos /snake plants grow well together?

Some sites say water every 10 days , some say one a week. It’s all so confusing.

Can send pics if need be.

HxOHxO
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello ‘n welcome to the plant world! 🙂

Unless you put the two plants (watering needs are different; snake plants like air moisture while pothos like both air ‘n soil moisture) in one pot, there’s no pb at all.

For me, what works best is just checking the soil has gone dry before watering again. It’s true that we don’t get the same info on when to water because it differs where the plant is (geographical location ‘n which part of the house). If it’s in the bathroom, there’s more humidity so soil doesn’t dry as fast. By observing ‘n as time passes by, you’ll learn to identify when to water them.  😉

Enjoy taking of your plants! Wish you the best..

gerrygoluckyGerrygolucky
    Expert gardener
    Private message

Hi, I hope you like getting infected by “the plant virus”! It’ll help cope with any of the other viruses going around… To second what HxO said, basically pothos loves having wet roots all the time, but snake plant will start rotting if soil is always wet… so two different pots for sure. But they both like air moisture and either shade or light is fine for both so you can set em close by without any issues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)