My succulent isn’t happy, it’s shrinking

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    esmeEsme
    Greenhorn
    Private message

A succulent leaf I took from a healthy momma plant had been doing very well for a few months. It even had new leaves and then, I’ve been watering it regularly because I saw the leaves kind of shrinking as if it’s dehydrated. It isn’t recovering and at the moment I’d even say it’s getting worse and worse. What’s going on? I know I’m not supposed to water it frequently but can’t help it with the shrinking leaves.

bertybertbertybert
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Are the leaves yellowish? If the are and if they feel a bit mushy and flimsy, then it’s definitely started to rot. It’s almost impossible to save the mother plant when rotting has started but you can still try two thinks: behead the plant and start taking leaf cuttings. But if it’s only dehydrated like a dried raisin, then just keep watering from time to time but make sure the potting soil doesn’t retain water. You can use almost pure sand if you want to make sure it drains well.

esmeEsme
    Greenhorn
    Private message

It’s actually the leaf that I took from the momma plant that hasn’t been doing well. I apologize for not being that clear.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)