Need help identifying this shrub

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    olioli
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Can anyone here help me find the name of this shrub pls? Thank you

jeffrycopejeffrycope
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Lovely ! Definitely a clerodendron, but I’d be hard-pressed to say which one…

lareinalareina
    Greenhorn
    Private message

jeffrycope, I thought this was pink jasmine? Although the leaves don’t look like it.

plantladylinplantladylin
    Greenhorn
    Private message

What a beauty and I agree, it’s a variety of Clerodendrum. It reminds me of Clerodendrum quadriloculare, common names of “Glory Bower” and “Shooting Star”.  I’ve seen both pink and white flowering varieties here in Florida where I live.

jeffrycopejeffrycope
    Green Thumb
    Private message

@plantladylin thanks for bringing up the topic again, I think I found which it might be. the “harlequin” really looks a lot like it. Not exactly quadriloculare but trichotomum instead. I’d love to have one, but not much space in my garden! Always a dilemma!

plantladylinplantladylin
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I didn’t think about Clerodendrum trichotomum! It has very distinctive and beautiful fruit and the leaves (when crushed) are said to have the fragrance of peanut butter!

olioli
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Oh, just got the time to finally settle down in my living room and respond to messages. I know it has been a while since I posted this but I’d really like to thank you @jeffrycope and @plantladylin for your help. I’m very happy to know the name of this plant! I saw it outside of a pizza shop one evening and caught my eye. Hoping to find it in the plant store where I live so I could have one in my garden – a target in spring!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)