May 27, 2022 at 7:27 am ReplyephatPrivate messageGreenhorn
Hi All, anyone out there can tell me what is going on with this ornamental grass? I have 6 of these that were newly planted about 1.5 months ago. The issue is that two look like the are dying. They are watered through a drip system. Any advice would be appreciatedMay 29, 2022 at 12:32 am ReplyjeffrycopePrivate messageGreen Thumb
Do you water them round the clock? Soil sure looks soggy under that gravel mulch (nice clear pictures by the way). Grasses like these don’t like it when constantly wet.
Another possible explanation is transplant shock. For grasses it’s rare but something may have happened during the transport. maybe those particular clumps at the top of the bag and were left in full heat just under a car window and they cooked there, that’s happened to me before…June 11, 2022 at 3:27 pm Replyratatat-tattyPrivate messageExpert gardener
I think it wasn’t happy with being moved around, maybe it got too hot or too much sun so it adapted by letting most of its leaves die of. It looks like new blades were coming out, how is it now that the season advanced?
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it