Ornamental Grass issue 2 of my 6 plants look like they are dying

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ephatephat
    Greenhorn
    Private message

4C3B29F7-AC5A-4FBA-92F5-F2CF70FC7D94657858F7-7F47-43E3-9489-50C897FADB6DHi All, anyone out there can tell me what is going on with this ornamental grass? I have 6 of these that were newly planted about 1.5 months ago. The issue is that two look like the are dying. They are watered through a drip system. Any advice would be appreciated

jeffrycopejeffrycope
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Do you water them round the clock? Soil sure looks soggy under that gravel mulch (nice clear pictures by the way). Grasses like these don’t like it when constantly wet.

Another possible explanation is transplant shock. For grasses it’s rare but something may have happened during the transport. maybe those particular clumps at the top of the bag and were left in full heat just under a car window and they cooked there, that’s happened to me before…

ratatat-tattyratatat-tatty
    Expert gardener
    Private message

I think it wasn’t happy with being moved around, maybe it got too hot or too much sun so it adapted by letting most of its leaves die of. It looks like new blades were coming out, how is it now that the season advanced?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)