Permaculture against pests and diseases

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gin-5e9438232b541Gin
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I’m interested in permaculture and a beginner at gardening. What vegetables to plant together that protect each other against pests and diseases? Thanks for your help.

mandy-5e970ba0bf4a7Mandy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Welcome to the club of gardeners! 🙂

What are you planting or planning to plant?

What I’m interested in is flowers to plant with fruits and vegetables that helps fight diseases or at least promote growth. I started with lupine in between strawberries but lost it to slugs and snails. Starting all over again this year. Goodluck to me!  😎

shirleykennedyshirleykennedy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hey! I suggest you look into Integrated Pest Management. This complex of actions is oriented at preventing the growth of insect and rodents population in your house.

kcgardenskcgardens
    Greenhorn
    Private message

This is a good tip! I am going to send it to my cousin who is also a newish gardener.. he is always looking for ways to look these things up online rather than asking melol!

mikejohnsonmikejohnson
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I’m no gardening expert, but I’ve heard that planting certain vegetables together can help protect against pests and diseases. It’s called companion planting.

mikejohnsonmikejohnson
    Greenhorn
    Private message

For example, planting marigolds with tomatoes can deter aphids. Also, consider looking into Integrated Pest Management (IPM) techniques for natural pest control. By the way, sorry for reviving an old thread, but I’m on the hunt for similar info. I’m new here and excited to learn from fellow gardening enthusiasts.

Anonymous
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I’m also new here on this forum and really appreciate all your advice! They are very useful and good quality.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)