November 13, 2020 at 4:09 am Replyken67Private messageGreenhorn
Is it the moment to prune magnolia?November 15, 2020 at 2:29 pm ReplyCarolPrivate messageGreen Thumb (moderator)
Hello Ken, thanks for your question! If you just want to reduce the size of the tree, definitely you can do it this season. For more information on this topic, I found this article on Nature & Garden website.
What’s been the temperature these days in your location?
“You got to be a gardener to appreciate dirty and muddy hands.”April 29, 2022 at 6:38 am ReplyartslatPrivate messageGreenhorn
My daughter has inherited a 12 foot high (about the same spread) magnolia tree which has (possibly) not been controlled and hence it’s shape is not great. My idiots guide to pruning is very general but does mention that there any cuts may not scab over. I have pruned shrubs and even pear and apple trees in the past – they survived. Any advice on the magnolia?
She also has a couple of 8-10 foot camellias. I killed one some years ago so a bit cautious. She wants to reduce their size, again any advice?
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it