Red robin leaves loosing their redness

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    7744vc7744/vc
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Why are my red ribbon leaves loosing their redness?

coffeedrinkercoffeedrinker
    Greenhorn
    Private message

It’s actually normal that red ribbon shrub lose leaves sometimes both green and red. The unstable temperature during spring is identified to be the cause which can be very hot during the day and very cold (even frost) during the night. Pruning it would help grow new shoots and you’ll have red leaves again.

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

From the shrub hedge my neighbor has, I saw that those bright red leaves slowly turn green, it’s perfectly natural. Only the young leaves are red. Then they turn green as temperatures heat up. I think it’s connected to frost and such, when they’re young it’s early spring and keeping the green chlorophil for later protects it from freezing.

Loving the season!

groovinGroovin’
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Green leaves mean old leaves

Red leaves mean young leaves

To get red leaves soon prune it now. Not recommended to prune it in summer because young leaves can’t sustain winter frost.

micheal2008micheal2008
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Do you know what does it mean when you see a Red Robin? First, it could mean the season of spring is coming. Seeing a red robin is also believed to signify new beginnings.

micheal2008micheal2008
    Greenhorn
    Private message

It is a sign of good fortune if a red robin passes near you or perches outside your window. This bird symbolizes happiness and is considered a good omen if it comes close to you.

annalim2008annalim2008
    Greenhorn
    Private message

It could mean several things. First, it could mean the season of spring is coming. Seeing a red robin is also believed to signify new beginnings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Red robin leaves loosing their redness’ is closed to new replies.