Rosemary problem with leaves withering

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    friodgennfriodgenn
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I hope you all are having a great summer! I’ve just got back to gardening after a few weeks off. I’m almost finished with my aromatic herbs section near the kitchen but something isn’t going very well. The rosemary that I’ve just planted in the ground has had withering leaves, all over the plant. I think it’s going to die soon.Water and soil are well taken care of so I’m confused. Also, when I had bought it, it was a totally healthy plant! If somebody can explain what has just happened, it would be so nice.

c chickc chick
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Probably even before you transplanted it to the ground, it had already been suffering from root rot. Being in a new environment is a major change for plants so with weak roots, it couldn’t cope with it.

tito09Tito09
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello friodgenn, the problem you describe is very common to occur with any plant just bought from a nursery and transplanted. Most likely it is as C Chick says and that the problem is already solved from the nursery.

I’d like to know how you’ve been. Have you managed to recover the plant? I’m asking you because I have a similar problem with my rosemary, even though it has been transplanted for almost two months. In my case the leaves are falling but I suppose it may be due to fertilization. I have fertilized this aromatic by following this post, but I’m not sure the information is correct.

friodgennfriodgenn
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi Tito09, thanks for asking but I lost my plant 1 week after posting this question. From what I saw when I dug it out to check the roots, I think C Chick was right about rootrot. Thanks for your helpful insight, by the way, C Chick! I learned something and should be very careful now when buying another plant!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)