June 14, 2022 at 3:41 pm ReplyjeananneevansPrivate messageGreenhorn
I have 2 of the above trees both in enormous pots either side of my gateway. One is lovely bt the other has started showing signs of dying! Any ideas as to what I cn do please? They receive the same treatment but the ailing one is closer to my home which is a log cabin…could that be relevant at all? I am at a loss.
Jeananne EvansJune 15, 2022 at 6:19 am ReplyjeffrycopePrivate messageGreen Thumb
Hi Jeananne, sounds like a curious case. Do you think you could share photos? I know these Salix Integra are cute Bute one thing they don’t like is drafty winds. I’ve seen one planted in a corner of a building, it had a curious way of dying out exactly along one half of the tree. When I looked closer, the portion of the tree that was dying off aligned exactly with one of the corner walls. This wall was getting a constant wind alongside it and I think the shrub really didn’t like it. Either that or on a particularly hot day, the wind that came across along that wall was all heated up (it was a red brick wall) and perhaps basically cooked that half of the Salix.
So it may be that something similar is happening to yours, since you seem to think that the only marked difference in treatment is that closer log cabin.
I don’t suppose you recently painted or sprayed the cabin with something, did you?
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it