San Francisco plant varieties

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    flinnFlinn
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Been to a tropical country recently and saw quite a handful of varieties(from broad to thin and curly leaves) of San Francisco plant as locals call them. Any info re its number of varieties.?

eva-5e7ca6523d78fEva
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Native to Asian tropical countries, there are hundreds of them actually. I like its foliage shapes a lot because it one variety can be different from the other.

melindaMelinda
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Be careful though because it’s poisonous. For some people, they can have skin eczema when the sap contacts their skin.

flinnFlinn
    Greenhorn
    Private message

@Thanks, Eva.. Wow.. explains why I saw several varieties in a small village where I was.

@MelindaIt’s good to know thanks. Just touched the leaves, no sap.  🙂

Anonymous
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Echeveria pilosa is a beautiful succulent that forms rosettes of green leaves that turn reddish at the tips when exposed to full sun. Stems are erect, simple or rarely branched and up to 3.2 inches (8 cm) tall. All parts of the plant except the inside of the flowers are covered with fine white hairs. Flowers are orange-red with a yellow tip, bell-shaped, and usually appear in summer at the end of a leafy, up to 1 foot (30 cm) tall flower stalk. E. pilosa is similar in appearance to Echeveria coccinea, but it has shorter stems and a branched cluster of flowers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)