December 18, 2020 at 1:35 pm ReplylatebloomerPrivate messageGreenhorn
Pls tell me if winter is when we make cuttings of soapbush. Last summer, I tried 3x. It didn’t work. I believe it’s the timing that wasn’t right because it was too hot in our area.December 22, 2020 at 10:32 pm ReplymayafurPrivate messageGreenhorn
Your timing is correct, you can prepare cuttings late fall to summer. Could you give a little more details on how you did it?December 30, 2020 at 10:50 pm ReplylatebloomerPrivate messageGreenhorn
Hi mayafur, pls accept my apologies for this tardy response. Here’s what I did:
- I cut stems with no flowers, at least 4-5 inches from the tip.
- Removed leaves, leaving only at least the most tip.
- Dipped the bottom part of the stem in honey because I read it was a substitute to rooting hormone.
- Planted the stems in prepared pots with soil mix.
- Watered it regularly and moderately.
The stems turned black and rot after a few weeks. Where did I go wrong? I attached pics hoping you might see the problem.
I look forward to your feedback.
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join