Transferring gladiolus to another spot in the garden

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GeorgyGeorgy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I have several gladiolus bulbs planted last year that I would like to transfer to another spot in the garden. My question is, is it still ok to do it even if they’re already sprouting? Wondering if it won’t disturb their growth. I’m really hoping to get flowers again. Thanks you.

bennabenna
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Georgy, they should be fine. It’s still the beginning of spring. They might lose a few strands of roots but they would kick back off quite quickly. Just prepare the soil well, adding good compost.

RosalynRosalyn
    Expert gardener
    Private message

Go ahead. No risks. Did the same thing to mine and the sprouts just continued growing as if they weren’t transplanted at all.

GeorgyGeorgy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Just to let you know that I already transfeerred my gladiolus bulbs 3 days ago. The sprouts continue to develop and they’ve already grown a few centimeters since then. I really appreciate your responses. Thank you.

bennabenna
    Greenhorn
    Private message

This is great news! Thanks for letting us know! Happy to be of service. Perhaps later, I’ll have a question and you have the answer, who knows?

GeorgyGeorgy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

If I know the answer, i’ll be more than happy to respond. I check questions here from time to time.

RosalynRosalyn
    Expert gardener
    Private message

Me too, I’m happy to know that the transferring went well! Wish you beautiful blooms in summer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)