What is happening with my stonecrop?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nikki888Nikki888
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello All ❗

I am happy that I’ve found this nice forum 🙂
    I need your kind help, with my stonecrop – it is growing weird.. I am kind of uncertain right now. So, I mean, it started to grow UP! in the middle. See the pics pls! I have it for years, but I’ve never seen anything like this :O Honestly, I don’t know what type of stonecrop it is, so it would be helpful, if someone could tell me for sure this, too.

Growing UP

Thank you very very much your replies,
    and even advice, like should I water it more, or not keep it on the direct sun..?
    And in exchange for your kind help (nothing is free in this world 😀 😀 😀 ) let me share a > funny joke < with you, to make your day happier! I’ve just read it, I hope you will have a good laugh, too ;*

lolLOL
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Check sempervivum mahogany as I think this is the name of this succulent. Why is one of them growing strangely vertical? It’s crowded in the pot so it might be that the best way to get more light is to be taller than the rest.  🙂

nikki888Nikki888
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi!

Thanks for the info, I will check.

they are crowded,but they have have plenty of space actually on the sides. and the one in the middle was the biggest.

blasiterblasiter
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Oi hi

usually growing tall = lack of light

but in this case I think growing tall = excellent health

if it were lack of light, you’d have much less leaves they would be spaced out and the thing would look scraggly

it’s the one in the middle growing tallest because it sources food from all the neighboring ones, they share their roots somehow

that’s what I think

cheerio and thanks for fun joke @Nikki888  😛

nikki888Nikki888
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello @blasiter !

Thank you for the reply! I really hope that it is in excellent health, I guess you are right, because it does look healthy, and the others, too. Some of them has a dry,brownish bottom, but the leaves look healthy.
    I dunno..

Somebody told me that it might flowering, have you heard about something like that in case of this plant?

I am happy that you liked the joke, I like cheering up reading jokes 😀 short, fun, no big mobile data usage  😉  😆

blasiterblasiter
    Greenhorn
    Private message

welcome

had second thoughts and read up on it – glad I did since it’s healthy to the point of beginning to bloom

see here:

Our Sempervivum Is Blooming

definitely hoping for updates if it starts blooming!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)