Who knows what this plant is?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    OLiGAOLiGA
    Greenhorn
    Private message

HELLO everybody!

I’ve had this plant for about 2 years now but doesn’t know the name. It’s been in a pot and I’m hoping to transfer it outside when possible.

Does anybody know this plant and can they survive winter without protection?

mumamafiamumamafia
    Greenhorn
    Private message

hi there im not an expert but it looks like a succlent…. have you tried putting the picture into google and see what comes up…

mumamafiamumamafia
    Greenhorn
    Private message

hi again, sorry im partially sighted so what im looking at may not be what you see. hahah i have googled there are so many but try emailing Succulentbox… think its only for cacti etc….

if you do find out do let me know.. gud luck

lizzieolizzieo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi Mumamafia,, that looks like A Falcata.. A species of pigmyweeds

The genus is Crassula, commonly called pigmyweeds..

Hope this helps.. it is native to South Africa, but grown worldwide

OLiGAOLiGA
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello guys.

Thanks for helping me out! You’re both very kind to spend time responding to my question.

Take care.

lizzieolizzieo
    Greenhorn
    Private message

I live in the colder zone 3 of Canada , and have only seen this plant as a house plant but I’m sure in the warmer regions it would grow well outside.

mumamafiamumamafia
    Greenhorn
    Private message

hi folks,,

im just glad we found out,, i was curious myself,  now maybe you can help me, my son has a cactus the ones that have layers and round, sometimes tip red. anyways i was trying to look at it and i think it needs water as he hasnt watered it since he brought it early last year, can he bottom wet succlients ? or is that best for plants….. how does he water it without killing the roots with rot.

thanx keeps safe and warm everyone.

CarolCarol
    Green Thumb (moderator)
    Private message

@mumamafia: Yes, cactus and succulents can be bottom wet when watering. Just remember:

• Water only in summer, its growing season.
    • Water only when the soil is completely dry. To check this is the case, carefully stick a finger in the soil.
    • Water deeply but make sure before putting it back to its decorative pot or saucer, water drips off. The best way to do this is to get a bowl or basin, fill it with water and then soak in  just the bottom part the cactus pot. Leave it for 10-15 mins and then remove the pot from the water, put it on the sink to drip off.

Don’t hesitate to message us again if you need more information.  🙂

“You got to be a gardener to appreciate dirty and muddy hands.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)