July 3, 2020 at 3:25 pm Replydebbie.firstname.lastname@example.orgPrivate messageGreenhorn
I need to replace the fence panel that my winter jasmine is climbing up. I don’t want to lose the plant or risk it being trampled in the course of replacing fence panel – can I safely cut it right back to the base? Will it regrow?July 7, 2020 at 2:30 pm ReplysupermudoPrivate messageGreenhorn
Yes you can hard prune it to within 2feet (60cm) of the base. It’s recommended to do this in spring after the flowering season but you can still do it now I think as we’ve just reached summer. There’s still time for it to regrow. Keep strong shoots, eliminate unwanted ones. However, take note that it will need 2-3 years to flower again.
- You must log in to post and answer topics. Sign up / Sign in
Log in or Join
Discover member gardens
N&G Forum Categories
Can you answer these?
- Venting because my dog is top hyperactive when kids are around
- Can’t take my eyes off my hydrangea!
- any chance to revive this bone dry kalanchoe flower that still has green on it
- Cala lilies, why are they dying before they fully bloom?
- Cypress tree help, afraid it will die. Can I do anything to help it