Ads cutting our text in Amp version of website

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    treeeerttreeeert
    Greenhorn
    Private message

On the Amp-delivered version of the Nature and Garden website, the ads delete some of the text. After every ad, the article text resumes mid-sentence, some of it being removed or blocked by the inserted ad. Going to the regular, non-Amp version of the site, the same articles are intact with no text removed.

luis_prluis_pr
    Expert gardener
    Private message

Very common problem. I have noticed it in other websites too. AMPs are stripped-down version of the main website, run by Google and not using the “real” website” so these hiccups happen… The reason to use AMP is for quick response in smartphones/tablets but, you end up with some website “content variation” between the “real” website and the smartphone’s website that may be causing this problem.

Nate from N&GNate from N&G
    Green Thumb (moderator)
    Private message

Hi treeeert, as Luis mentioned, Google is the one doing its thing and it really removes a lot of functionality. I’ll get in touch with Gaspard who manages the website so something can be done about it. It would help if you could share some screenshots, would that be possible?

Nature & Garden moderator.
    Message me if you have any questions, I’ll be glad to help out!

“Winter reveals the strength inside… of those who dare go out!”

GaspardGaspard
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello all, I took the time to check a dozen pages on several devices… and, as the saying goes, “when you need something to not work, it will”. So I couldn’t find any instances where an AMP page content was masked by ads. If it happens again, make sure to snap a screenshot of the page and share it to us. It also helps to know what device (phone) you’re using (brand, model number) and which browser (chrome, firefox, safari, other…). Thanks in any case for drawing our attention to the issue! Hopefully it’ll either disappear on its own, or we can nail it down to fix it properly. Happy gardening!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)