Aloe vera's color

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cl4uCl4u
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hello. Just wanted to get some ideas here on what to do with my plant. This aloe vera was healthy when inside the house. I transferred it outside few weeks ago to get some full sun. To my surprise, the green color has changed to brown. Should I bring it back in?

karen-5ee7294fb0581Karen
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hi there! I got the same concern last year. I was confused why it didn’t like the sun given that it’s a member of the cactus family.  What I did was I experimented putting it back in and letting it stay for a longer time outside. My conclusion: it was due to transfer shock. It wasn’t used to direct sunlight inside. When put outdoor, the color changed to brown but after sometime, it was starting to get back to green and eventually fully recovered. By the time I put it back in during early autumn, the color changed again to brown. Few more weeks passed and it became green again!

I’d recommend to just let it stay out and you’ll see it will recover in no time. It’s still adjusting to its new environment. That’s it! Happy gardening!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)