Would you prefer a bouquet of wildflowers or one from stores for Valentines?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tiffyTiffy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Title says it all. I’m tired of seeing flowers imported from the other side of the planet. I mean they’re nice and beautiful, but there should be another way!

Tomorrow I’ll go looking around the neighborhood to see if I can assemble a nice wildflower bouquet from what I find. Hopefully I can get something nice! What would you feel if you got a “whatever grows nearby” bouquet for valentines?

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Ha that’s actually a good idea! I think I’ll try to do that, too. It’s just so hard to get nice flowers in shops here in the Philippines since the typhoon wiped everything out. People aren’t selling as many flowers as before.

You just really gave me a great idea, thanks Tiffy!

Loving the season!

FatzoFatzo
    Green Thumb
    Private message

Can’t resist sharing my own little cute home-made wildflower bouquet!

wildflower-bouquet-valentines

Loving the season!

tiffyTiffy
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Oh that’s a really nice one! I got one myself from all around the neighborhood, but I didn’t take a picture of it. It had a few bulbs like crocus and grape hyacinth, but most beautiful were the catkin branches I found from a nearby hedge: hazel on one and willow on another. Made for a great mix!

Thank you for sharing your bouquet, Fatzo  😀  your Valentines is very lucky!

plantito_sottoplantito_sotto
    Greenhorn
    Private message

At most times, I like wildflowers especially if I see that the people give so much effort to arrange it but I know they do not always have the time to arrange it, so a shop to the store every once in a while is good too but definitely not on Valentines since the prices always go way higher.

Anna EmbryAnna Embry
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Yes, I definitely prefer a bouquet of wildflowers. Great Idea I’ll make a bouquet for my Mom just full of Love.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)