Tangerine plant advice (not doing too well)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    persephonetpersephonet
    Greenhorn
    Private message

IMG_7148IMG_7147IMG_7146IMG_7145Hello everyone I was wondering if I could get some advice on what’s happening to my tangerine plant. It was outside in the summertime and was thriving then, once the weather took a turn (I live in Ontario Canada) we brought it inside and it was doing fine up until a couple weeks ago when it started to shed its leaves and some stems slowly started to dry out. Can’t figure out why this happened, it was on the north side of my house so I did just move it to a south facing window to get a bit more sunshine. As well as the window it was by would sometimes be open so wondering if the cold draft is the culprit for this. It used to get watered once a week now because I moved it I may start watering it twice a week. Let me know if I need to do anything else like fertilizing it or something. Thank you so much in advance.

johndavis43johndavis43
    Greenhorn
    Private message

Hey there! Sounds like your tangerine plant’s been through quite the rollercoaster, huh? Bringing it indoors was smart, but plants can be real drama queens about changes, especially with light and temperature. The move to a south-facing window for more sun sounds like a solid move. That cold draft from the open window could definitely be the troublemaker here, stressing your plant out and causing the leaf drop and dry stems. Stick to the once-a-week watering unless the soil’s drying out faster now that it’s getting more light. Overwatering could start a whole new set of problems. As for fertilizing, a little plant food wouldn’t hurt, especially if it’s looking a bit down. Just follow the instructions for houseplants, and you should be golden. Fingers crossed your tangerine buddy perks up with these tweaks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)